March 2, 2017
This message brings news about recent and forthcoming neurolaw publications:
Recent or Forthcoming Neurolaw Publications
- Author and Journalist Kevin Davis has released his new book, The Brain Defense: Murder in Manhattan and The Dawn of Neuroscience in America’s Courtrooms . The book explores the intersection of law and neuroscience through one of its most infamous cases. Davis interviewed and consulted with many MacArthur Research Network members including Owen Jones, BJ Casey and Stephen Morse; Network Consultants Geoff Aguirre and Martha Farah; and a number of Network Scholars. To learn more, click here and here and here .
- Marc D. Rudolph, Oscar Miranda-Dominguez, Alexandra O. Cohen, Kaitlyn Breiner, Laurence Steinberg, Richard J. Bonnie, Elizabeth S. Scott, Kim A. Taylor-Thompson, Jason Chein, Karla C. Fettich, Jennifer A. Richeson, Danielle V. Dellarco, Adriana Galván, B.J. Casey, Damien A. Fair, At Risk of Being Risky: The Relationship Between “Brain Age” Under Emotional States and Risk Preference , Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience (2017).
- Stephen J. Morse, Neuroethics: Neurolaw , Oxford Handbooks Online (2017).
- Russell Poldrack, The Risks of Reading the Brain , 541 Nature 156 (2017).
- Deborah W. Denno, Concocting Criminal Intent , 105 Georgetown L. J. 323 (2017).
- Dov Fox & Alex Stein, Dualism and Doctrine in Philosophical Foundations of Law and Neuroscience, Dennis Patterson & Michael Pardo, eds. (2016).
- Deborah W. Denno, The Place for Neuroscience in Criminal Law , in Philosophical Foundations of Law and Neuroscience, Dennis Patterson & Michael Pardo, eds. (2016).
- Robert Schehr & Chelsea French, Mental Competency Law and Plea Bargaining: A Neurophenomenological Critique , 79 Alb. L. Rev. 1091 (2016).
Neurolaw News is produced by The MacArthur Foundation Research Network on Law and Neuroscience, headquartered at Vanderbilt University Law School, 131 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203.
For more information, please see: / . For phone inquiries, please call 615-343-9797.
Freely forward this newsletter to friends and colleagues who may be interested.
To UNSUBSCRIBE or to SUBSCRIBE: send an email to Executive Assistant Sarah Grove at email@example.com with either “Unsubscribe” or “Subscribe” in the subject line. To access the Neurolaw News archives, visit /listserv.php#archives