This message brings news about:
A) Recent Neurolaw Publications
B) Forthcoming Publication
C) Selected Works from the 2020 “Neuroscience and the Law” Symposium at the University of St. Thomas
A. Recent Neurolaw Publications
- Richard A. Kirby & Mallori D. Thompson,
A Decarceral Cadence: Neurologic Music Therapy as an Abolitionist Project
, 53 Conn. L. Rev. 1, 1-13 (2021).
- Teneille R. Brown,
Treating Addiction in the Clinic, Not the Courtroom: Using Neuroscience and Genetics to Abandon the Failed War on Drugs
, 54 Ind. L. Rev. 29, 29-77 (2021).
- Cynthia v. Ward,
Trauma and Memory in the Prosecution of Sexual Assault
, 45 L. & Psych. Rev. 87, 87-154 (2021).
- Hannah Gallagher, Note, Regulating the Sixth Sense: The Growing Need for Forward-Looking Data Privacy and Device Security Policy as Illustrated by Brain-Computer Interfaces , 66 Wash. U. J.L. & Pol’y 157, 157-83 (2021).
B. Forthcoming Publication
- Emily R. Murphy, Brains without Money: Poverty as Disabling , 54 Conn. L. Rev. (forthcoming 2022).
C. Selected Works from the 2020 “Neuroscience and the Law” Symposium at the University of St. Thomas
- Robert M. Sapolsky,
Neuroscience and the Law
, 15 U. St. Thomas J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 138, 138-61 (2021).
- Francis X. Shen,
Toward a Definition of "Neurolaw"
, 15 U. St. Thomas J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 174, 174-85 (2021).
- Stacey A. Tovino,
An Update on Gambling Disorder, Neuroscience, and the Law
, 15 U. St. Thomas J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 186, 186-99 (2021).
- John T. Philipsborn & Melissa Hamilton,
Competence to Stand Trial Assessment: Practice-Based Views on the Role of Neuroscience
, 15 U. St. Thomas J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 259, 259-95 (2021).
- Nadine Liv,
Neurolaw: Brain-Computer Interfaces
, 15 U. St. Thomas J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 328, 328-55 (2021).
- Rose Tempowski, Maxine Lintern, Jill Molloy & Sarah L. Cooper, A Model for Analyzing and Grading the Quality of Scientific Authorities Presented to State Legislative Committees , 15 U. St. Thomas J.L. & Pub. Pol'y 356, 356-86 (2021).
Neurolaw News is produced by The MacArthur Foundation Research Network on Law and Neuroscience , headquartered at Vanderbilt Law School, 131 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203, under the directorship of Owen D. Jones. Neurolaw News is also supported in part by a grant from the Dana Foundation .
Neurolaw Bibliography: http://www.lawneuro.org/bibliography.php
Neurolaw News Archives: http://www.lawneuro.org/listserv.php#archives
Neurolaw Video Channel: http://www.lawneuro.org/videos.php
Phone inquiries: (615) 343-1287
To UNSUBSCRIBE or to SUBSCRIBE: visit http://www.lawneuro.org/listserv.php or send an email to Quenna Stewart at email@example.com with either “Unsubscribe” or “Subscribe” in the subject line.
Feel free to forward this newsletter to friends and colleagues who may be interested.